Latest Art Work

Friday, April 16, 2010

大快朵颐

As I was waiting in Woodlands library (oh it kind of amused me in a good way to see people queueing for the library to be opened, and for the staff to open the library a minute or two earlier - as I overheard a staff asking why so early... I guess I wish I have the luxury to visit the library often too.) I decided to pick the MyPaper and read.

Saddened to see the photo of "Eyes of a quake child"..
and to read about this article 朝鲜庆“太阳节”

I know it cannot be help that this has to be an elaborate affair and celebration. But I cannot envision for the rest of the 364 days, what are the citizens living on.

Anyway I paid particular attention on this article because I had a few Mandarin words that I had forgotten how to write them.

大块朵颐
dà kuài duǒ yí
〖解释〗朵颐:鼓动腮颊,即大吃大嚼。痛痛快快地大吃一顿。
~~Could not recognise the word 颐 though I know the meaning.. was thinking very hard how to pronounce it.

奢侈
shē chǐ
luxury; sumptuous
~~Haha for a moment, I was thinking if chǐ was written that way...

仰赖
yǎng lài
词语解释:倚仗;依靠。
~~I am more accustomed to see
依赖
yī lài
to depend on; to be dependent on
So I was wondering why did the writer chose 仰赖.

Anyway also saw a quote by 郑秀文 which I felt was beautiful.
"我想生命有很多遗憾吧!有些遗憾想起来可能再也不痛了,但就是遗憾,生命很多事情就是这样吧!”

Probably Eat, Pray, Love said it best too...
"To have broken heart means you have tried for something."
- Ketut, and Liz Gilbert @EatPrayLove

If only I had seen these before I met my friend. True, it is always sad to know your ex is getting married and I once felt I did not want to be the last to know. I probably still don't wish to be the last to know, but I also did not give it much of a thought already. And it is not because women forget much more easily than male though it may have elements of truth when a woman who really move on, will never turn back. Regrets are part and parcel of life afterall whether they hurt or no longer hurts, the crack is there permanently to remind you it exists.

But it is true that ever since I moved on from my BB to E72.. I think I am getting more fond of my E72.. and I realised I did not take a photo of it for keepsake haha.. so taking it today... My Handyman which is currently my ebook reader cum mp3 player cum thumb drive too (Can you believe it that I no longer carry a thumb drive)

On this day of your life, we believe God wants you to know ... that you are blessed.
You may think you have challenges, but you have so many blessings. Sometimes it takes only a moment of conscious effort to recognize those blessings. Once you focus on the gifts instead of the problems, your whole perspective will change and you will see blessings everywhere.
~~haha I always know I'm blessed.. thankfully. And since I'm on the topic of blessed, hmm I haven't been writing my thanks to 7 people daily.. let's say thanks today to
1) My marathon partner.. without which I might not even train.. though I worry about the 2 weeks rest I'm taking in May right before the marathon... *sweats*
2) My dad for wanting to bring us all to Italy
3) My mum for wanting to pay my air tickets (because I kept complaining I'm broke haha... ) I will still pay her back once I managed to accumulate sufficient funds to pay my credit card bills
4) My brother for sharing some videos.. without which I might really be living in my own 4 walls. Oh lately I was watching Amazing Race Intl which touched down SG... and seeing the Fast Forward Team doing that dangerous stunt up the Singapore Flyer. It was indeed high adrenaline stunt.. but seems pretty cool haha. And I did not know there is Flying Fox in Sentosa.. feels like trying it though hmm.
5) My XX for always sending me news articles to read so that I will not be deceived easily. I never knew that PR below 35 can apply for a flat unlike SG... I don't blame the PR for that matter. It is a loophole by our constitution and I can only blame myself.
6) Oh I must thanks all my agents. I really like some of them a lot. They will share with me their experience and thoughts. These few months is a learning process for me because of them.
7) And of course a couple of friends, one for asking me to be clear with myself on what I really want... and the other for saying I never change (it has double meaning though because he always believed I will never succeed in making a change in my life.. I'm not out to prove him right or wrong but I'm definitely more resolute in ensuring I'm drifting the right direction.)

Oh and lately I caught another video from my bro about South Park's thoughts of Facebook which ironically, its trailer can be found in facebook.
Frankly speaking, I especially love their thoughts on
1) if I do not add you as friends, it means we are not friends?
2) if we are not friends, I can ignore you?
3) if your relationship status is empty, it means your girlfriend is invisible?
4) if a girl commented about you in FB, your girlfriend has the right to be jealous?
5) if you are friends with some "losers", we do not want to be associated to you.. I used to play a "stock property" game where I'm the stock and I have to boost my stock and my friends' stock daily. I gave up after a couple of weeks because I realised how meaningless it is.
6) if we are friends, we should help each other in our games right... haha.. ok u know I'm quite an avid Pet Society player.. and Cafe World though I'm dropping it soon. But Lila is my personification so I probably keep her around for awhile more.

Oh but it was fun to learn how to play Yahtzee.

0 comments: