Latest Art Work

Friday, October 24, 2008

Lost in October's thoughts

My brain seems to have overworked this October with all the thoughts running bersek...

First thing was a quote from QR:
过错是短暂的遗憾,错过是永远的遗憾

Sigh, I really don't want any ever-lasting regrets... Suddenly Aerosmith's song came into my mind
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Source: Aerosmith's "I don't want to miss a thing"

Another thought that came into my mind was on colleagues. Who are close to me, who I will miss. I am the backward-looking type of people so I kept reminiscing. Which is really bad because I'm really afraid I might cry.. at my farewell dinner.. at my last day. For now, I can still keep my tears hidden... but how long?

Then I was reading an article on Unique Factor from Ezine and it asked me the following questions:

1. What is your primary purpose during this life, and why is that important?
2. What are your greatest natural talents ? things you've been told you have a knack for doing?
3. What are you doing when you feel completely alive, deeply involved, and the hours seem like minutes?
4. If you just found out that you had six months to live, what would you spend it doing?
5. What characteristics will you be remembered for?
6. What are you the most determined to accomplish during your lifetime?
7. How are your deepest passions connected to what you are doing now?


It advise one to focus today on those things that make one unique, and feel the joy unfold around one. Then share your unique qualities with others. It ended with a poignant quote by Michael Landon.
"Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows."
Source: Ezine

Lastly, when I was about to break down, M suddenly gave me 3 theories. The first one was from a lecturer we knew and the other two were from him
Law of Parkinson can be used to explain that one's work can never be finished. And the inverse is sometimes true..."Things that cannot be completed in days can be completed within hours (before going on leave)..."

Then, there is a Theory of Redundancy... You seems to be needed when/if you are around, however, when you are gone, life goes on for the organisation... and gradually... Voila! You are no longer needed...

Finally, Theory of "Shit Happens"... things falls apart (only) when you are not around (for that moment)... but you are never appreciated when you kept thing intact (all the time)...

Haha it sounded so apt I couldn't help blogging it to remember his words of wisdom.

And to all, I'm alright. Even though till now, just before I'm flying, I had a terrible busy day... but because I know I'm flying tonight kinda cheer me up abit more than the last few days... So I'm confident of saying, I will definitely enjoy my Japan trip. And because sometimes when you see things in another perspective, you can appreciate it better and lighten up.

Ending my erratic October's thoughts with a grassy rat saying HI... to all who will be visiting the Rainforest Kidzworld in the Zoo.. official opening 14th Nov 2008, Friday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the theories..very thot provoking..

Anonymous said...

hope u r now feeling better after ur trip:)