Latest Art Work

Friday, April 11, 2008

Love conquers all?

Ms Esther Au Yong wrote an article on “Why couples can’t live on love alone” in MyPaper (11th April 2008). It was with reference to the love turned sour relationship of Mr Ronald Susilo and Ms Li Jiawei. Coincidentally I had been listening to that episode by DJ FD & Glenn when they dedicated almost all the songs to this couple in one of their morning show, and decided to ask the question – Whose side are you taking? And I vaguely remembered one of the DJ side the female because she is preparing for the Olympics and should not be disturbed at this point (Bad timing by the guy I supposed, and talking of Olympics remind me of what politics can do to sports.. but I’m digressing).

I’m not sure if the entire story is authentic anyway. I mean, if you co-buy a car but under the girl’s name, I can accept it. But a house which is a condominium fyi. How naïve are you? I’m not trying to say he is a liar or he is trying to be disruptive or anything. I’m just questioning how much truth is there on “Love conquers all?” as asked by the writer.

In the face of love, the writer still retains her logic and applies the necessary legal arrangements when she bought a flat with her then boyfriend, now fiance. She owns it to herself to wise up and take care of herself. Because if she doesn’t’, who will? And while her friends thought she is overly practical, I actually agree with her action. Just as I owe it to myself to be happy, I owe it to myself to be breathing too.

Sigh which reminds me that I’m supposed to take care of myself from tonight onwards. Actually it should be manageable just that lately there is a bit more things on my plate. But I always trust myself well in handling stress because the main thing is I forget easily. I can griped and complain and whine, but by the next day, I will forget everything I said. And because GA loves me. I remember a few weeks ago I was so stressed that I had actually ended up watching Leap Years, which I felt did me lots of good. And last weekend, I had been debating if I should take time off and go out or to trap myself at home and rush my assignments. Funny how these 2 occasions presented themselves because twice, I actually felt GA telling me to just go out. And I did enjoy both times. At least I learnt to see some things in a new perspective.

What I remember significantly is the courage towards love. Many people no longer trust love anymore, especially pure innocent love. Many people deliberate and hide and escape when in the face of love. Then there are some who mention cooling off period because they got so lost towards the love they shared. (Ms Shenton was mentioning about it in MyPaper April 10th 2008 and I remember because she had use MDQE as a reference. Sigh the problem is that couple is.. well they really been through a lot since QWBWZ days.) But if one, in the face of love, does not avoid it, I guess you can say he is courageous. Even if he’s been hurt before, and chided naïve before, and no longer trust love that easily. At least he never avoids it when being approached. How many of us are willing to be that courageous towards love? How many of us are willing to give love not only a second, but third, fourth chance?

Does love conquer all? I’m not sure. But it does helps to be practical and courageous in the face of love.

I shall end by saying my thanks to
1) My colleague who had drove my friend and me to eat. Glad he remembers his “promise” to bring us there to eat since he changed his car that time, although it might be the last time there already.
2) My friends when I was utterly upset over an email even though I felt I was not at fault. Because I kept questioning myself if I really did convey such a meaning and doubting myself to the extent I was sleepless and yet unable to do the work promised. Still remember one of them asked me, why you think it’s your fault when you yourself feel you are not at fault. Kinda jolted me back to one of the ministries talk (from the previous post on Promotion, she had talked about doing things right in a later segment). I should indeed have more trust and faith towards myself. Anyway that incident taught me a valuable lesson. So I guess I should say thanks to the person that causes it, sincerely.
4) My parents, as usual. Mum kept asking me what I want her to stock up haha. I’m just glad I have the car… =D
5) Friends who cared for me especially those who expressed concern about my box of chocolates haha. Oh ya I was saying that I was stressed and GA presented those 2 opportunities to distress me. I forgot to mention he also presented chocolates haha. It started when I was in Science co-op searching for some dark choc. Then I had proceeded to 7-11 for another brand of dark choc. Last spot was in Shop&Save. But I still can’t find something more bitter.. still searching.. But I think my stress has dropped significantly since just handed in that particular assignment. So maybe my search for bittersweet choc might stop (don’t have time to shop anyway)
6) Doc for remembering what I don’t remember. And good luck for your exams. Also to a friend who’s looking for job lately. I still haven’t tried the game though haha. Actually I’m not sure if you still read my blog but I think you do. Wish you luck.
7) Lastly to a friend. Thanks for the new perspective and stories. Yeah I love stories =D

0 comments: