Latest Art Work

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Transformer


Reference & Images from the following sites :
Transformers - Movie
1up
IMDB


It started with a bang. It ended with a bang. And throughout the whole movie, I don’t remember a single quiet moment. Haha..

First thing first, I was kinda “dragged” to watch the show. My childhood memory of Transformers is seeing them piece up into a big robot. Then they will start fighting with the other pieced up robot. And the piecing up is very simple animation.

But in the movie, you really have to see how they transformed. It was awesome, small little details are taken care of. Guess the focus of the movie is on the animation of Transformers.


The human characters on the other hand, were not really well “taken” care of. You will see quite a few slip-ups. And I’m still wondering if the spectacle is useful or not. Haha. But it was kinda funny to see big guys being so “gan-cheong” about a spectacle. Like what my colleague said, totally uncool manz. But other than that scene, they were cool for the remaining parts especially this scene.




Their war. Our World.
Indeed this is a War between Autobots (good guys) and Decepticons (baddies). So why had the Earthlings got embroiled in their tussle. Blame it on our luck that the thing they were fighting for had landed in Our World.

Optimus Prime (the leader of Autobots) is the one trying to Protect the Earth because he feels that Earthlings should not be involved in this war. Megatron (the evil leader) on the other hand wishes to eliminate human and take over Earth. I remember one of the Autobot ask Optimus Prime, why does he want to save the humans. Why not let Megatron take over Earth. And he asked isn’t his kind also like humans too. Fight for power, fight for sovereignty. He mentioned in Earth, there are also the young. They need to be given a chance, they need to be taught. Afterall freedom is the right of all sentient beings. He might have seen the evil ways of human, but he had also seen the goodness of human. I have to agree that in this world, good and evil exists. You may see one side declaring war while the other side is pleading for peace. Such is a paradox of this world. And the only one who suffers is the young. And I dread to know what the young are learning now especially after know the background of the insurgents in the Glasgow attacks.

Anyway the other character I like is the Bumble Bee. (I realised I only know these 2 Autobot’s names while I was watching the movie). He has a very humane touch. When Mikaela said “If he's an alien robot, then why would he turn into such a crappy car”, Bumble Bee actually threw them out of the car make a u-turn and turn into a cool Camaro. Autobots could be sensitive haha.


The saddest part is when Bumble Bee had injured his legs, and Sam was saying he will not give up on Bumble Bee. You could see the sadness in this Autobot’s eyes. Oh, for a moment, I really thought he looks like a weepy dog.


The other cool car is the Jazz. When he saw the Porsche, he immediately turned into it. Quite sleek.


Other than the robots, the only other character I was bio-ing is none other than Mikaela (acted by Megan Fox). And she is only 21 this year, so young and so hot. She is very gung-ho in the movie. You should see the way she drives, I wish I could drive like her.


I saw this picture of her in the premier… looks like a confident and cool lass right.

Overall this movie is a action-packed movie. And the jokes can be quite funny at times. Especially towards the end after the credits and you hear Sam’s parents talking about Aliens. They actually said that if Aliens exists, the government would inform them.


Are you kidding me?

I shall end with the lyric of Linkin Park’s “What I’ve Done”. The lyric is very thought-provoking… Erase myself…

In this farewell
There’s no blood
There’s no alibi
‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth
Of a thousand lies

[Pre-Chorus]
So let mercy come
And wash away
What I’ve done

[Chorus]
I’ve faced myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
Well I cleaned this slate
With the hands
Of uncertainty

Repeat [Pre-Chorus], [Chorus]
For what I’ve done
I’ll start again
And whatever pain may come
Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done

Repeat [Chorus]

What I’ve done
Forgiving what I’ve done

0 comments: