Latest Art Work

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Quotes of the Day

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- Christopher Columbus


Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in an eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake.
- M.B. Ray


In three words I can sum up what I've learned about life: It goes on.
- Robert Frost


Bflygal's comment : These were part of the quotes in a flash. Some of the other quotes I have heard before. But I chose these 3 quotes because they are significant to me in my current phase. A few days ago, my friend was telling me that to give up, he first has to understand before giving up. He did not know it then, but he had actually enlightened me something. Why I keep failing in my task. Because I never understand what I did or tried to do. Sighz, I'm just too impatient for my own good. Once I figured how to lose sight of the shore, I should be able to venture out in the open ocean.

Lately I realised that what I planned for has been disrupted. The classic adage 人算不如天算 aptly described my current situation. And I'm unsure about the unforseen impact but I know I cannot escape from it. I guess I can only follow what one of my favourite poet says, "Life just goes on".

0 comments: