Latest Art Work

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quote of the Day

爱过,更要好好过


Y.E.S 93.3 DJ's Mary was sharing this quote to us on her show tonight. Indeed because you once loved, you should lived well even after the love is no longer there. For the sake of him/her, for your parent's sake, for your own sake.

But how you lived well? That's where Eugene Loh, A Slice of Life, 938LIVE's article of the day guided me. It is entitled "Comparing and How It Disempowers Us"

He said that if we find ourself comparing and matching with other people's yardstick, we will never be happy. Because we just keep seeing the other person's good points. And we ignored our own strengths. In the end, we feel inferior and actually thought we belong to the "cannot make it" batch.

His advice :
If you truly want to be happy and successful, stop comparing yourself with others. Blindly chasing other people's definitions of success can never make you happy. Think about your own definition of success. Pursue and live your own version.


I totally agree.

Lately something has been bugging me. The purpose of this blog. If I have a chance to generate revenue in this blog, should I do it? But by doing it, my blog will lost its real purpose, its mission. And I don't want to lose my style of the blog because it represents ME! Yet the opportunities keep coming. The more I put off, the more offers I was given. For the sake of my future, I decided to embark on my assignments. But first, I have to remove my duplicate posts in multiply. I don't think I should taint that yet.

If tomorrow is the end of the world, maybe I really wouldn't care much about my bank balance. Unfortunately, tomorrow is NOT the end of the world, and I'm a pragmatic person....

0 comments: