Latest Art Work

Monday, July 09, 2007

Quote of the Day

You can fool other people. But when you're alone without an audience, you can't fool yourself.


I koped this from my friend's facebook.. she called it as part of the lessons she learnt. And boy, she shall wrote alot more meaningful quotes.. haha but praise her here also no use coz she doesn't drop by here. Which is good coz I feel like commenting about her wahahah. Nah not saying anything bad about her. Just that its weird bah. Knew her since my secondary days. But we were never close. Yet when we do talk, we do click in weird ways. I'm pretty glad to see her in my uni days after 2 yrs of lost contact. I have to admit even in my uni days, we just click on and off although we had actually applied to stay in hostel around the same time. I gave up after 1 semester though. And after 3 yrs, we had once again cross path (soon). Sometimes fate entwine weirdly.

And I'm wondering if I can fool myself, can I fool everybody? Coincidentally a friend just mentioned to me about 4 quadrants. The first is you know yourself and everybody understands you. The second is you don't know yourself but people understands you. The third is you know yourself but nobody else understands you. The last quadrant is neither you nor anybody knows yourself. I'm thinking if I fool myself and everybody, do I belong to the last quadrant?

Anyway 'Eugene Loh, A Slice of Life, 938LIVE, a station of MediaCorp Radio' has a new article today. And it is entitled "The Curse of Eternal Hunger". He says we are always hungry. Even when something has filled up, we gets hungry the next moment over something else. In some sense, he meant we are never satisfied.
"To escape the curse of eternal hunger, we need to pay attention to and appreciate the truly wonderful and miraculous things and people in our lives right now."


How about the curse of eternal curiosity?

p/s : I'm perfectly fine. Just overtly curious at times so ignore me if you don't want to be a victim.

1 comments:

Edwin said...

Hmmm...I havent seen you in 3 years liao...