Latest Art Work

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Pensieve

Harry Potter fans should be able to recognise this word.

As quoted from wiki
The Pensieve is primarily a device for storing memories outside of one's own head.

The Pensieve has multiple functions.

At times, when one's head is so full of thoughts that one cannot hear oneself think, it is useful to be able to take some of those thoughts and literally set them aside. The practiced Wizard can extract a thought from his head and store it in a phial or in the Pensieve for another time. If it is in the Pensieve, it is possible to stir the thoughts stored there together and look for patterns.

I feel that my blog is a Pensieve. It is used to store my thoughts, my memories, my episodic images, my feelings.

Seeing my thoughs can be a pretty intriguing sight. Whenever I am in a process or have finish watching a show, I like to store my thoughts into my Pensieve. Whenever a song triggers something in me, I like to store its lyrics into my Pensieve. Whenever a drawing affects me, I like to store my first hand thoughts into my Pensieve.

But a Pensieve is just to store memories. It does not reflect my true feelings. It only reflects my feelings at that time. It is there so that I can see the true me sometimes, and ensure I will never get lost in this big world out there. It is there to help me store some of my thousand fireflies-like thoughts. It is there for pattern recognition and case base learning.

Thus if I express sadness in a particular post, rest assured I might have become happy when you were reading that post. Because I can be melancholic, I can be emotional, I can be a dreamer. And like all dreamers, I indulged in my fantasies. And I will cheer myself up or rather I can easily cheer up at happy thoughts, at happy scenes. Even a pretty flower or a little chirping bird can make me smile. That’s me.

0 comments: