Latest Art Work

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pulau Tioman (9th October 2009 - 11th October 2009)

Can't believe how time flies when you are in the arms of Mother Nature.

On the 9th Oct Evening, I reached Peninsula Plaza with mixed feelings. Earlier on, there had been some unhappiness and I am not sure what will the repercussions be. Now that it is over, I still don't know what will the repercussions be. But seriously, my focus is on Mother Nature so do I really need to be concerned about these human problems?

So I heck! Just concentrate on the journey to Tioman which is actually quite late. Thankfully we were a large group thus a coach had been hired instead of a mini bus. So we actually had a lot of leg space to sleep comfortably (the coach style). Although we couldn't really sleep as it was still early evening. We reached Mersing at 12am to board a boat. As usual XX reminds how lucky we are that the boat is now bigger and a little bit better. I was quite worried about sea sick especially when I was cramped in a corner so my friend and I decided to go out of the boat and catch some fresh air. It was like what LP advised me, you always feel better when you are out in the open. And I really like the feel of being on the boat with the waves gushing behind and the wind blowing.

Anyway we got tired and I slept very soundly till we reached Tioman at 3am. Then is horror struck, ok a mini horrow because the lodge did not receive their reservation. They did managed to dig out enough rooms, just that the rooms were pretty untidy with horror stories of stepping into a room spewed of tidbits. Eeks... why do some guests do that to hotel/resorts? I really cannot understand. Our room was still relatively alright except the pillow really seems scary and we used the bedsheet to cover over them haha.

Oh and someone brought a telescope and I look through to see the moon and its craters. Cool stuff! Hmm ya hor, I realised I did not take a photo of the telescope. Darnz, must be still grieving over the spots. I actually took very little pics for this trip. Plus the fact I was quite worried about the theory.



Well but I did woke up early the next day to take some photos of the surrounding. Actually in the day, the room do looks pretty haha.


After a quick breakfast, we headed for our first dive. First we had to assemble the buoyancy controller (bc) set with the regulators, cylinder, pressure gauge.


Must remember to place fins within arm's length else I will definitely have problem trying to get it later.

Then is off to our dives. The first plunge was horrible. Everything I did not expect. The water was real salty (first time tasting sea water) and the mask clearing was a hassle to me. After the dive was lunch time but the choppy water made me lose even more appetite that I guess I look sick haha. Anyway I did not dare to eat too much for fear of regurgitating out in my next dive.


This was taken during lunch. Pretty corals. During the dive I also saw alot of sea urchins, pretty fishes / clownfishes, sea anemones, sea cucumbers etc.  I'm actually quite afraid of the sea urchins because I'm wearing a shorty thus everytime I see sea urchin, I will faster flap myself higher than the sea bed haha.  Anyway part of the reason why I did not like my first plunge was because I kept hitting the sea bed.  Not that it matters that I get alot of cuts later, but the fact that my fins will destroy the corals and other sea creatures at the sea bed makes me feel extremely guilty.  Is back to the thought of to embrace in Mother Nature, I had once again tramble on Mother Nature.  Sighz...


This island reminds me of the Bun Island... hmm... I think I dive around this island if my memory did not fail me haha. But I'm not sure what is its name. (Think can check but abit lazy.. "p)


I am always fascinated by the sunlight effect on the water thus it is no surprise I will take a few pic on it for this trip.


I was visualising a door opening effect into Little Mermaid Kingdom's outskirt. Hmm maybe I should have made the door slant more?


Before I left Tioman, took a photo of the owners of Ramly burger. Interestingly I first heard about Ramly burger in my Berkelah Waterfall trek. And even till now, I still have not eaten one. Haha. Somehow I was never really tempted to try it.  Look at how bright the lady smile.. sweet!


A dinner at Restoran Queen Park marked the end of the Tioman adventure. I took a few sky pics here too haha but I ended up liking this photo of the building. Maybe it is the open air coffeeshop concept which triggers some distant memories.

I am actually looking forward to the next diving trip because
1) While typing this blog, I realised I am forgetting my steps already
2) I was thinking along the line that this is just a start to roaming the outskirts of Little Mermaid's Kingdom. And my ultimate goal is of course to visit Little Mermaid's kingdom. While I do admit especially at the first dive, that everything I see is blue. But one day I believe I will be capable enough to carry a torchlight or even camera and see the outskirts like how Little Mermaid's see her surroundings.

0 comments: