Latest Art Work

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Under the Weather

I like this phrase "under the weather". A subtle way of saying "I'm sick". Yah, I like subtle approach... though sometimes I wonder if it is self-pity when I put such status... the problem with FB/MSN etc... is that when you are sick, you proclaimed to the world you are sick... for? Maybe you wish for someone to show you some concern, or maybe you wish for someone to wish you speedy recovery, or maybe you just want those to understand why you behave horribly/indulgently/terribly... And is it the saddest thing is when the person whose concern you are looking for, does not bother to read/comment your status.  Unsure.. sometimes I showed concern

I do wonder though why I fell sick. Was it because the past 2 nights I were home late, or did I really had a long day in the zoo (though it has been quite some time since I spent so many hours in the zoo), or was it the scene that bewildered and bugged me. Whatever it is, I attributed it to the lack of rest, of which by Tuesday I gave up and slept for about 10 hours. Woke up thoroughly refreshed and in a much better state on a Wednesday. The only horror is I missed the Sweet Tapioca Porridge... luckily there is an encore phew!

When one is awake but drowsy, will it still hurt seeing the scene? I still remember in 2007, I was equally having second thoughts on the dinner. Both times, I sensed something; both times I learnt something more; both times I was disappointed and hurt.  This time, I say what is bugging me aloud, to hear my voice, to see their response, and probably to see if I'm awake or not. Truth is, I probably lost half my focus.. daydreaming... and pondering over the line she shared "We were meant to lose people. How else would we know how important they are" (qouted from the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button")

>> An afterthought. If I lose you, is it to tell you how important I am to you or how important you are to me?

While the scene continutes to haunt me, I do have happy scenes in my mind.. none other than the Pictionary game I had with my friends on Friday.. seriously it was way more fun that Mahjong.. but before I begun.. these drawings were replicated from my memory...


The opposing team was asked to guess Spice Girls... we thought that it is a Mission impossible.. we thought wrong... By drawing the UK flag.. and then drawing this little girl... she kept emphasizing the hair till her telepathic partner recognised the Baby Spice that she is drawing haha


My team was supposed to guess Children's Zoo and I'm the one drawing.  The only problem is how to tell my team mate to guess the word ZOO??  So I started with a stick like giraffe haha.. which they thought was a rocking horse chair and started guessing children toys... children rocking horse... I decided to add a bear and they said children's bear... Sigh... I could only kept emphasizing the circle.. again and again till voila, someone said Zoo... phew...


This was funny.  It was open play.. so the other team spouted Paris.. and my team mate said Eiffel Tower haha..


And yet we couldn't guess the Great Wall of China though.. sadly a wall cannot divulge too much to us haha..

Sometimes simple moments can be so joyous...

p/s: I cannot believe that they choose to air an encore of American Idol instead of Sweet Tapioca Porridge...  but then what did I expect from Mediacorp?  I'm totally disappointed...

1 comments:

Wisely said...

Haha I played this game before too but my friends usually got the answer before I can finish my "masterpiece"... =]