Latest Art Work

Monday, February 23, 2009

bubur

Bubur means porridge in Malay.
I chose this word because while I was watching “Sweet Tapioca Porridge”, it had the Malay subtitles. And I learnt that bubur means porridge.

It is a simple movie for one who believes in the simplicity of love. Simple things, simple pleasures, simple life. When love means you are willingly to get out of your self-ego and do something extra for another person. But what if that person no longer does anything extra for you?

I was thinking of asking something. It was an act of pursing, to find out the answers, in hope of a closure. Till my friend said that if time goes by, when you no longer chase for it, you would realised you had let go… And I let the moment passed once again…

There is one part in the movie that I really like. It was when Michelle asked Darren what he would do if he has blister. Just keep walking. Even though it hurts, just keep walking. Simple question, simple answer.

Actually a girl is easily touched by anything a guy does for her, if she has feelings for him in the first place. And a girl forgives too easily. But the girl must be a simple girl in the first place, who believes in the simplicity of love and life.

Anyway while thinking about simple life, I was also thinking about a butterfly life. The idea came about after reading Nido Qubein’s "Be a professional butterfly" in Straits Times, Feb 14 2009

It is said that a butterfly is not a caterpillar or a better or improved caterpillar; a butterfly is a different creature.

It leaves the comfort and security of the old cocoon and accepting the challenges and uncertainties of a free environment. Human’s natural instincts will ensure there is a path back for one to return to the old ways if the new ways don't work out. However with the existence of such path, one will succumb to retrace it at the first sign of adversity.

A butterfly, on the other hand, cannot return to its cocoon. The moment it makes its ways to the outside and flutters its wings, it is committed to a new type of existence. Its life as a butterfly is not just a matter of what it does. It is also a matter of what it is. It is one of the reasons why I simply love butterflies and the metamorphosis process.

Endless Road
- Lin Jun Jie

The truth is tearing up my heart
I can't recognise this place
The endless road without a stop sign
Can't even find a stranger this time

Why am I still holding back my tears
In this loneliness there's nothing left to fear
Every chord still seems a wonder
How we could be together
Every time I ask if this would be the last

Why am I still talking to myself
Hoping you will have the keys to my cell
Every song might calm the weather
But it just draws me deeper
How do I get out of this
I think~ I never will

A crystal forming in the eye
Maybe this would be the last
The winding path down my face
Till I begin to taste the bitterness inside

Why am I still holding back my tears
In this loneliness there's nothing left to fear
Every chord still seems a wonder
How we could be together
Every time I ask if this would be the last

Why am I still talking to myself
Hoping you will have the keys to my cell
Every song might calm the weather
But it just draws me deeper
How do I get out of this
I think~ I never will

I never will

0 comments: