Latest Art Work

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Evan Almighty

I don't intend to comment too much on this movie due to time constraint. Just that, there was this part that touched me most and made me cry. And I couldn't stop feeling touched by this phrase..

"Let me ask you something.
If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience?
Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient?

If he prayed for courage,
does God give him courage,
or does he give him opportunities to be courageous?

If someone prayed for the family to be closer,
do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings,
or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

I can be very childish at times. And when I'm childish, I will ask God why do you put me through all these. But deep down, I know he's training me. Everytime I am met with an obstacle, I know there is an objective to it. But I will still whine and complain. And even though I know the motive behind these obstacles, this scene still touches me and reminds me that indeed, God don't just bequeathed me patience. He makes me go through these tribulations to gain patience. Thanks for the reminder.

The movie ended with this particular scene:
God: How do we change the world?
Evan Baxter: One single act of random kindness at a time.
God: [spoken while writing A-R-K on ground with a stick] One Act, of, Random, Kindness.

I shall engrave 'ARK' in my memory from now onwards.

0 comments: