Latest Art Work

Sunday, September 23, 2007

24 hours coding

Finally the day arrived, and disappeared without a trance. Seriously, time really past very fast last night. There was this participant's lappie who will "say aloud" the time every hour. And each time, the voice said the time, my group members and I will look at each other in disbelief, thinking aloud, "One hour had passed?".

And in the wee hours, I had actually koed for half an hour. Got so fed up (and so deprived of music) that I left the room (yah we were "locked" in a room to code haha.. though we were allowed regular breaks and meals lah) and coded outside while listening to some music. That is because I had forgotten to bring my ear phone and did not want my music to disturb anybody. Weirdly that was like 4 a.m. or so and I had been feeling uneasy that period. I wonder is it really the music deprivation state or because of that reason?

Anyway I seen how remarkable my group mates were. We came in with zero knowledge and yet could still code something out to submit haha. Of course, it is nothing compared to what the other participants submitted. Most of them had big lofty aspirations of having blog feeds, forums, social networking all into this portal. I guess that is the trend now, but I had wanted to see something more special. Maybe see when they will talk about the final works? Anyway, I'm proud of my group mate still. Haha even though we only had 2.5 php pages (0.5 because it was a hidden php processing page). Maybe got chance will upload to google pages. Had learnt alot of google tools too.

Overall, I quite like this experience. And I have to say it is once in a lifetime bah. I wouldn't know if I can find classmates who are that onz to join such stuff again. And age is catching up on us. Although they had pondered on doing a similar stint for our workshop. Haha but maybe it will not be 24 hours.

On a side note, SMU is a pretty cool school. Their basement has a lot of shops and it had been fun exploring their site and enjoying their night scenery too. I rarely see Orchard in its night beauty. The silence, the stillness. Forgot to bring my camera but I had still managed to capture some photos.

Yawnz. Remarkably, after the whole event, I am still alert sufficiently to drive around some nearby area. I had planned to do some stuff (which actually include typing my report) on the way back but some last minute news disrupted my plan. Think I should be able to go catch some rest now. At least the unease I felt had kinda dispersed. But something I told my friend before came back to my mind... sighz.

Preview (Not sure when it will be taken off though)

0 comments: