Latest Art Work

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Harddisk with OTG

Has been thinking of getting a new harddisk lately after the unfortunate accident. Then my colleague mention about one that can connect to memory card directly. I remember seeing it last year too in one of the IT shows. At that time I remember it is quite expensive. After so long, I decided to check the price. Sighz it is still pretty expensive from my brief research.



Anyway the correct terminology is called OTG or On The Go technology. It allows you to connect your camera, MP3 player etc with a USB port jacked into the drive. Then there are others that connect to memory card directly. I'm pretty alright with just a USB port.



But an 80 gb HDD with OTG (image above) is already costing SGD 299. Gosh with that amount I could have bought a 500 GB 3.5" hdd (I think so if my memory did not fail me). Guess I have to patiently wait for a better deal to appear bah. Which is why I ended up writing this article, to KIV this pensieve for future retrieval. Hmm better get going now.. maybe I will blog about today's event if I'm not tired haha.

0 comments: