Latest Art Work

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

小土- Le Pain 2

Today I read 小土 Part 2 of Le Pain. 小土 talks about baguette. Reminded me of Prince Turns To Frog. Oops I can hear 2 of friends groaning. They absolutely cannot understand why I'm so addicted to PTF. I remember they had even declared me in terminal stage of my addiction.

Anyway the part is where she went to buy bapu but on the way back she met 2 thugs who ask for protection money. Then she and Jun Hao had to pretend to be lovers and kiss in front of the 2 thugs else they have to pay 2 shares of the tax and not one lover tax. On the 2nd kiss where the male had to kiss the girl back to better convince the thug, Jun Hao asked Tian Yu to run while he tried to beat the thugs. But Tian Yu run halfway decided to come back and uses the baguette to beat one of the thug.

Why baguette? Because it has another meaning called baton. So it can be a baton to beat thugs. Yeah!

Back to what 小土 says, baguette can be eaten in many styles e.g. wih curry, as sandwiches, as garlic bread. In some sense, I'm happy to hear that baguette can be found in every parts of the world from France to Africa. To know that one can find something that reminds one of hometown, even if he/she is far away, is indeed a relief.

0 comments: