Latest Art Work

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Magic Thread

Yesterday I watched the movie "Click". It is the story of "The Magic Thread" with the technology background, using the remote control instead of the ball of thread. After watching it, I decided to find back the old traditional story ...


Re-reading this story brought back memories. That time when I read this story, I was in my tens. Being young, I never really appreciate the story. I only know that it tells me to be patient. I admit I'm rather impatient most of the times. I rush to cross the road, I rush for my bus, I rush to avoid the queue. Then there are times when I'm in a lazy mood, that's when I slow down. However this is only temporary, because the waiting game is tiring. And I would regret for not moving a little faster, and then I do not have to wait already.


Now that I am older, re-reading this story and watching "Click" gives me another feeling. Something I have always asked myself. Why am I rushing for sometimes? What have I miss out while rushing through my life. They used to say that while you are in a traffic jam, take the chance to view the Mother Nature. But sometimes one gets so caught up in his/her world that the surrounding doesn't matter very much to him/her. And I'm worried that I get too caught up in my world to hear what my heart is saying.


Most importantly, like what "Click" was trying to convey, I'm afraid that I might have given priority to the wrong stuff. Thank goodness though my work place is not a demanding place. But due to that reason I decided to go take a part time masters. Now I have to balance work, study and family. Am I giving the right priorities? And I still don’t seem to have realised my dreams though. The thing is I have so many unfinished dreams, so many have not started dreams. I can’t possibly fulfilled all of them one shot also. But I tend to keep getting distracted while pursuing my dreams though. =(

At the end of “Click”, he chose family over work. He realised that one should be more patient to slowly see how his life unfolds in front of him instead of keep rushing to get to the outcome. The journey, not the destination, is what makes your life fulfilling. From it, I hope to remind myself to savour every moment of my process.

p/s : Hmm I believed I have something else that I wanted to post still.. but I just couldn't recall it anymore. Oh well, to end this post, I just wanna say Happy Birthday, Singapore!

0 comments: