Latest Art Work

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

To Kill A Mockingbird

When I saw this book, I was actually finding Harry Potter - Half Blood Prince in my Librabry.
When my eyes laid on this book, I was thinking, oh a book that I have seen often, and always wondered about its contents.
When I flipped the first few pages, I fell asleep. To attribute that it is due to the boredom of this book, is such a disservice to it. I believed it is due to this reader state of mind. This reader is a pretty useless person with low energy level.
When I finished this book, only one thought came into my mind. Glad to have seen this book that day.

A book with a very simple plot. To tell you how did her brother broke his arm. Yet it talks about the issues Americans were facing years ago. And the issues they are still facing. Blacks and whites. Hermit and gossip-mongers. Truths and lies. Reptuation and expectation.

Why do we have to live under people's expectation? Why are our actions forever scruntinized by the people who lack the knowledge to even understand us. Why are our fate decided not by ourselves? Why are there prejudices. Why must majority rules?

In the court, justice will prevails. But how much time must we give for it to be sensed.
In our life, our conscience will pricks. But how much must it penetrate before you can feel it.

I want to stop imposing my views on other people even before they speak up. I want to stop worrying about people's view of me. Most importantly, I just want to be free.

That I believe, takes alot of courage.

0 comments: