Latest Art Work

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Manage Change


Sometimes we may act like
Sniff
Who sniffs out change early, or
Scurry
Who scurries into action, or
Hem
Who denies and resists change as he fears it will lead to something worse, or
Haw
Who learns to adapt in time when he sees changing leads to something better!
Quoted from “Who Moved My Cheese?”
A book by Spencer Johnson, M.D
Foreword by Kenneth Blanchard, Ph.D

A book that I read 4 years ago,
At that time I found it very meaningful.
I told myself that I must change,
I must get out of my comfort zone,
I must not fear change.

4 years had passed,
I had changed.
Sometimes because I needed to change,
Sometimes because I wanted to change,
Sometimes I saw the changes,
Sometimes I did not realise I changed,
Sometimes I change for the better,
Sometimes I change for the worst.

But one thing remains,
I still tend to fear change,
And I sometimes catch myself enjoying my comfort zone,
Like NOW!

That is till 10th November 2005.
I was scheduled to attend company’s training courses.
The morning class was on Managing Change.
And the materials and discussions are mainly from this story.
And this book came into my life,
A Second time.

It felt as if Change is giving me a Second Chance,
To re-evaluate myself again.
And this time I decided
That I should write down the sayings,
So that I can refer to it as and when I like.
Thus the list begins…

  1. Having Cheese Makes You Happy.

  2. The More Important Your Cheese Is To You The More You Want To Hold On To It.

  3. If You Do Not Change, You Can Become Extinct.

  4. What Would You Do If You Weren’t Afraid?

  5. Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old.

  6. Movement In A New Direction Helps You Find New Cheese.

  7. When You Move Beyond Your Fear, You Feel Free!

  8. Imagining Myself Enjoying New Cheese Even Before I Find It Leads Me To It.

  9. The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Find New Cheeses.

  10. It Is Safer To Search In The Maze, Than Remain In A Cheeseless Situation.

  11. Old Beliefs Do Not Lead You To New Cheese.

  12. When You See That You Can Find And Enjoy New Cheese, You Change Course.

  13. Noticing Small Changes Early Helps You Adapt To The Bigger Changes That Are To Come.

Change Happens
They Keep Moving The Cheese

Anticipate Change
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move

Monitor Change
Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old

Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

Change
Move With The Cheese

Enjoy Change!
Savour The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!

Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again & Again
They Keep Moving The Cheese

1 comments:

Wisely said...

Well, i guess none of the 4 characters reflects me cos i belong to the 5th category called "Garfield" who senses change in a reasonable time but too lazy to bother unless absolutely important =P