Latest Art Work

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Night Rainbow / Lunar Rainbow / Moonbow

I gathered all these info on 12th Apr 2005... and yet when i finally managed to post it.. it is 19th June 2005.. time sure flies...

Makes me wonder when I see the night rainbow, how old am i already? Wait... first I must figure out if I ever get to see the night rainbow... =(

Anyway I had an interest in Night Rainbow after a certain HK TV Serial...

I wonder if rainbow at night is colourful? Or is it white? Is it created due to the sunlight? Or due to moonlight?

Read from an article that moon can produce rainbows too since all it takes is a mass of water droplets and a light source. This lunar rainbow is very faint, thus you might not be able to see the colours as we can only see colours if the light is bright enough.

Wah... I think if I can catch a lunar white rainbow would be nice too...

But then... from ancient times in Hawaii, it was believed that "the rainbow of night" is the highest blessing. And to be able to have this highest blessing.. wah I think lots of time and effort must be put in.

Moonbow sounds very musical right. Too bad I can't find any nice song with that word. Somehow I just can't find the perfect song to round up this post. No wonder why this post takes so many months to generate haha.

0 comments: